Better late than never- here is my inspiration board for the November Yarn Club. This will be a tonal/handpainted colorway. Memberships are open through this weekend, and will ship out by mid-November.
The Etsy shop has been updated with in-stock yarns for October! These are the colorways that you haven’t seen in-stock on these yarns before (I also renewed listings for yarns that had sold out and put up some better photos).
Beginning today, September 1st, the following changes are in affect:
- Dyed to Order is no longer be available. This means that you’ll have to keep an eye on in-stock updates to see if we list what you’re looking for, or check out one of our retailers.
- There will be in-stock Etsy shop updates around the 1st of each month (and the middle of each month during the holidays). These will consist of one-of-a-kind (OOAK) colorways, Limited Edition yarn bases, and anything else I’m inspired to dye.
- Each month we will offer Limited Edition preorders for 3-5 colorways, with a limited quantity available for a limited time. These will be: pulled from our extensive repeatable colorway collection, popular colorways, older yarn club colorways, or special new seasonal colorways. The September preorders will start opening by the end of next week- stay tuned for details!
- Prices and shipping rates will increase slightly by the end of the year.
- Wholesale (for yarn stores, indie artisans, and co-op members) is still be available. This summer we opened up our entire collection, of the hundreds of repeatable colorways I’ve developed over the last 5 years, to our wholesale customers. Please contact us if you're interested!
The September In-Stock Update is now live in our Etsy shop. There is quit a bit of Indelible Sock, Vintage DK, and Worsted Superwash in a bunch of happy colorways, plus some OOAK skeins, Mini Skein Sets, and Sox Sets. The next in-stock update will be approximately October 1st.
My inspiration for September’s Yarn Club colorway are these beautiful red tomatoes. This will be tonal or hand-painted colorway with shades of orange and red. September memberships are open through next Monday, August 15th!
New Sunrise Fiber Co. Harvest Knit/Crochet-a-long
Come join us as we say goodbye to summer and transition into fall, with a fun shawl and sweater K/CAL that runs now through the end of October! There will be 2 exclusive colorways (inspired by the above photos) available in our Indelible Sock or Vintage DK yarns, a participant-exclusive discount on SFC yarn, and you’ll have a chance to win awesome prizes. Requirements are flexible- do one project or a few, knit a baby sweater or a shawl, use all SFC yarn or mix it in with your stash yarn.
Sign-ups close next Sunday, August 7th. Check out the K/CAL thread in our Ravelry group for all of the details and to sign up. We hope to see you there!
We're now taking members for our August Yarn Club! The exclusive colorway for August will be a tonal blue/green inspired by the tropical water in this photo of Bora Bora. Memberships are open through next Friday, July 15th.
Come join us in the SFC Ravelry group for a Summer Swap! Tomorrow is the last day to sign-up.
Surprise one of your fiber friends (or make a new friend) with a sweet summertime themed box of goodies. If you've never participated in one of our swaps we'd love to have you- we have an awesome group of people who love to spoil each other with beautiful yarn, yummy treats, and handmade goodies.
Find out more in the Summer Swap thread in our Ravelry group.
We've just added 5 beautiful new bright colorways to our Spring/Summer Collection. Each of these are available dyed-to-order on any of our beautiful yarns.
- Summer Vacation is a hand-painted variegated colorway with shades of bright and lavender purples, dusty blues, sage green, and hints of peachy pink oranges and yellows. It was originally designed for the July 2015 Yarn Club, and we're excited to now be able to offer it to everyone. I just finished knitting a little girl's bolero in this colorway and love how cheerful it is.
Flourish is a variegated colorway with bright blue/purple, aqua, green, and a bit of warm yellow and peach. It, along with the other 3 new colorways, was designed for the SFC Springtime K/CAL. I knit a Great Divide Shawl using Flourish and Bloom, in our Opulent MCN DK yarn, and it is amazingly bright and soft.
Grow is a variegated colorway with bright sunny yellow, light blue (with a hint of aqua), and pale gray.
Bloom is a bright purple tonal colorway with undertones of hot pink and bright blue. It's almost a neon purple, as you can see from the glowing photo. Bloom coordinates with the purple in the new Flourish colorway.
Leaf Out is a semisolid/subtly tonal bright spring green. It coordinates with the green in Flourish.
There will be an in-stock Etsy shop update, with samples of these new colorways as well as samples of other colorways in our Spring/Summer Collection, within the next couple of weeks. Be sure you're signed up for our email newsletter if you'd like to be notified when the update is going live (scroll to the bottom of the page to sign-up).
Right now I’m inspired by my love of the desert, so I’ve chosen this beautiful silvery green cactus as my inspiration for the July Yarn Club colorway. Memberships for July are open through next Wednesday, June 15th. This is also your last chance to sign-up for a 6 month 2016 membership (I’m feeling pretty inspired lately, so don’t miss out on the rest of this year’s exclusive colorways!).